Wednesday, January 20, 2016

1.8 My Writing Process


Мой процесс записи 

(1) I can't provide a concrete answer to this question because it depends on how I'm responding to a unique ~writing situation~. For example, in my personal журнал and any process work I post on this page, my writing won't be planned or structured very well or at all. But, since I doubt I'll be revising these, I wouldn't fall under the "heavy revisers" heading in the Student's Guide to Writing. Now that I think about it, the entire class can see my blog posts so I probably should attempt to revise a little bit. Then again, I highly doubt that anyone is going to be bored enough to go through and ready everyone's posts. Please комент on this post if you've actually gotten this far. 


In more formal writing situations I would definitely call myself a sequential composer (2.) Whenever I have an idea for something I want to write, I write it on a sticky note and put it on my wall. As the ideas flow, my wall gets covered in пост-ити and they eventually start falling before I even write anything. Then again, I really just use the post-its to brainstorm before typing up an outline. I definitely wouldn't consider myself a heavy planner, though, because I always revise my work at least a few times. I'm never quite happy with my final product but-- luckily for me-- deadlines exist and I eventually just have to click субмить. Then again, if I'm writing an assignment that I find more boring than watching paint dry, I'll probably procrastinate until the last minute. That's never the best option when trying to create a quality piece of work. However, it's definitely the best option for putting the least amount of time possible into an assignment. I'll spend hours looking over essays that I don't care about because I was an идёт  and wrote them before I had to (3.) 

I think it would be beneficial to me to start planning more, especially when creating mixed media projects (4.) The State Department once asked me for footage for a three minute video and I ended up sending them six hours of unnecessary footage. Doing too much isn't usually a bad thing, but that was towards the end of my gap year in Turkey and I could have spent that time living life instead of filming it. Also, it would probably help if I didn't write cognates in кириллица. Oh well. это мой дом сука.




1 comment:

  1. Note on conventions of the blog post genre: Revisit Step 1.5 from "Deadline 1" to re-familiarize yourself with the conventions of blogging. You're missing one item on the bulleted list of conventions there.

    ReplyDelete