Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report 9a

I edited my Rough Cut directly, so the section I pulled is from the "track changes" part of google docs. This is my (very) rough introduction, with the clear edits marked.

When I was writing the introduction for my rough draft I was really just trying to get words on the page. The tone was too casual and it wasn't really cohesive. However, I was able to just move the same ideas into sections where they fit better. 

This paragraph didn't really change in terms of form. The whole page looks very different compared to where it was as a rough draft, but the intro is shorter. I also changed the font from Times New Roman to Helvetica-- I am a firm believer that using TNR is just proof that you didn't give a shit about font choice. Helvetica is timeless and professional and very readable on a computer screen. 

You may have noticed that this is written in TNR. That's because I don't give a shit about font choice right now. 

Edited Intro


The rise of the Internet has remarkably changed how academics in Middle Eastern Studies work and research. This is apparent in new forms of academic media, such as interactive multimedia projects and constantly changing conflict maps, which are almost exclusively found online. Instead of targeting other academics, these are typically geared toward a younger, more tech savvy audience than traditional journals. This paper will analyze interactive online multimedia experiences and conflict maps to portray a small section of academia’s internet age.

Rough Cut Intro


The rise of the Internet has drastically changed how academics in Middle Eastern Studies work and research. This is apparent in new forms of academic media, such as the interactive multimedia projects and constantly changing conflict maps, both of which are often found online. Instead of targeting other academics, These are typically geared toward a younger, more tech savvy audience than traditional journals. , as well as changes to the traditional research process. Academics of the dark ages (roughly twenty years ago) often traveled to the Middle East and spent months in archives searching for relevants facts. Now researchers can find exactly what they are looking for using keyword searches in online databases. The first process is tedious and the amount of available information can be overwhelming. However, it provides a thorough, detailed view of the time period in a way that the modern process doesn’t. This paper will analyze interactive online multimedia experiences and conflict maps to portray a small section of academia’s internet age. journal articles written between 1976 and 2013 to provide a glimpse into how the field of Middle Eastern Studies has adapted to the modern era.

No comments:

Post a Comment