Monday, March 7, 2016

Production Schedule

When I got the flu I decided to switch to making a traditional essay (I was initially planning to create a video essay.) This is was partially because I didn't know when I would sound well enough to do voiceovers and partially because the flu tends to make people lazy.

I've pretty much dedicated my week to studying for exams and clearing out my room (how does one person go through so many jars of peanut butter??) since I'm moving out on Friday.

 I typically rely on short bursts of productivity anyways. It shouldn't be difficult to squeeze out two paragraphs of content every day until I have time to sit down and dedicate ten straight hours to this project. Hopefully that will be Saturday but between move-in and meeting my residents that don't fly out until Sunday (or later) to save money I might end up scrambling at the last minute again. 

What needs to be done: 
1. Wednesday: A more "beefed up" outline with full citations (I like to just keep adding to outlines until they kind of turn themselves into a paper.) Get sample emails from Noorani and Fortna
2. Thursday: Remove bullets and incomplete sentences. Format it into a standard essay. 
3. Friday: Revise content heavy sections so they are concise but not too dense. 
4: Saturday: Revise opening and closing paragraphs so they get (and keep) the reader's attention.
5: Sunday: Dedicate to catching up on anything didn't get done

No comments:

Post a Comment