Sunday, January 31, 2016

2.10 Considering Genre

Moy, Theen. Nervous Nellie. August 29, 2015
I decided to create a Quick Reference Guide for this project. My story is simple, but there is too much underlying history and conflict for me to smoothly cover in a video or podcast. The QRF format allows me to have information available for readers who want to learn more about the topic at the same time as letting readers who just want to read the story focus on that.

The graphic design elements of the QRF are equally intimidating and exciting at this point. During Production week I'm going to create a basic layout and write copy for the different sections in my piece. The fancy, eye catching elements will probably get developed during post-production.

I'm feeling pretty confident about my choices leading up to production week. However, I'm worried that I'll let my passion for the bigger issue at hand (Turkish-Kurdish conflict) overshadow my explanation of the story. This awareness will make me more cautious about how I portray the story, though. As long as I stick to the subject at hand and get my layout checked by a few people I think I'll be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment